Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Friday, March 27, 2015

March 10, 2015 - A Mouse!! A Bat!! All kinds of little creatures here at the MTC

Oi Family and Friends! 

I hope everything is going well and that things are better than ever!  This week was a great one! A lot has happened. Last Tuesday after emailing we went to the temple and had the opportunity to do temple sealing's for daughters. Such an amazing experience! I really loved doing them! Tuesday night we had a devotional that was very good (no general authorities yet, hopefully tonight!) 

On Wednesday our branch got a new District, 7 sisters and 3 elders.  The MTC thinks that in the next few weeks the percentage of Sisters to Elders will be 50% to 50%.  I'm so happy to see so many sisters coming out to serve the lord.

 On Friday we did our last in Person TRC.  We taught 2 girls who served in Portugal on their mission. It was hard to understand them.. when they spoke Portuguese it didn't sound like words but just a slur. I'm grateful I'm speaking Brazilian Portuguese!! (No offense). We taught about the Holy Ghost and how we can be close to him. We felt like it went well! For the Next 2 weeks we will skype Brazilians for TRC!

Saturday we taught our investigators Paulo and Leila In our lesson.  With Leila we felt really good becasue she had a question for us that was on topic with what we felt we should teach but we felt like we were able to teach by the spirit and were directed to teach something else. It is so awesome to be able to search things and understand what is going on in the Portuguese scriptures! Saturday night was interesting. We went to bed on time and around 12 o'clock we were woken up with screaming. We all jumped out of bed wondering who it was because it sounded like someone was in huge trouble. My companion was out of bed faster than I was and then I hear another scream and it was a sister saying "A MOUSE, A MOUSE!!!!" We started laughing, but we went out of the room and couldn't find the mouse again, so basically  there is a mouse hanging out on our floor. It was so funny!  Also, the MTC is becoming a place for creatures, I guess.. During Relief Society on Sunday there was a BAT flying around the gym. I have no idea how it got in there. It was so weird. Strange things happen here everyday!

Saturday during class our teaching Irmao Henry Challenged us to have a question and pray to receive an answer on sunday. I had one about faith and I was really hoping that my question would be answered. Sunday during relief society the whole lesson was on faith and directed perfectly towards my question. It's so cool how the Lord is always willing to answer our questions when we ask him. Sunday was just perfect though! It was a beautiful day for a temple walk. We were all so happy getting out, even though we LOVE it here... Sometimes.

Monday my favorite District left to their reassignments. So sad that I'm meeting all of these people and we all have to leave each other, but it's cool because most of the Sisters are planning to go to BYU, so I'll see them after. I can't wait! Also, on Monday we had an English Fast. We didn't talk in English all day! It was really hard but I found out that my Portuguese is better than I thought! We could actually have conversations in portuguese that were not only Gospel related! The gift of tongues is real and so amazing!

I find out where I will be reassigned next week. I can't wait to hear were the Lord wants me to serve before I go to Brasil. We are all so excited and I'll make sure we record it so you can all see my excitement when I'm called to Idaho!! haha that's the joke here right now, but  I will serve wherever the Lord calls me!

Right now I am in Helaman in O Livro De Mormon. The book of Mormon is so amazing! Continue reading it. I have learned more than I ever thought I could from it and it just amazes me.  My testimony has grown so much here of the Savior and the Holy Ghost. I am so grateful for all the knowledge I've already gained here.

I'm so grateful to be a missionary! Continue to grow your faith in Christ. He really does love each and everyone of you. I know it. As a missionary you can just feel the love Christ has for everyone. It's incredible! Something I've learned here is how important the Holy Ghost is in our lives. He is the way God communicates with us. I never realized this until being here. It is amazing! That's seriously the only words I have for my experience at the MTC. HARD, but AMAZING. 
Love you all so much! 

Love,
Sister Unbe

No comments:

Post a Comment