Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 17, 2015 - Elder Quentin L. Cook speaks to us

Hello Family and Friends! 


This is my last week here at the MTC. I won't lie, I'm a little sad to be leaving soon because I've learned so much here and have met so many wonderful people. It is such a cool place! Yes, I bet it isn't as great as being in the field, but it is awesome! This week was a very wonderful one, so hopefully I can share some of what happened in the time I have! First of all.. I was right! Last Tuesday night we had a apostle come! Quentin L. Cook came and spoke to us. Such a cool experience! I was like 5 feet away from him sitting on the second row. He just has the strongest spirit and you could feel it in the room. He taught about our purpose as missionaries and how we need to have faith in what we are doing. Something he quoted from President Hinckley was, "If I have more faith, I will have more success". I love this quote! The more faith we have the better we will be in life. Then he talked about the church and how it is the Lord who is guiding it and as long as we are trying our best we are doing what the Lord wants us to do. I absolutely loved hearing from him!

Wednesday was awesome because Sister McBride arrived in the MTC! It was so fun to see her! I was hoping I could sneak in and see her family but when I saw her they had already left! 
Sister McBride and I

Friday Sister Bredthauer and I had the opportunity to skype a boy living in Brasil.  His name is Darwin and he is living in Porto Alegre. He was so fun to talk to! He is a member so we just talked to him and taught him about becoming more Christ-like. We should all be working on this everyday. It is so important that we try to become like the Savior and follow his example. He is the BEST and PERFECT example and so when we follow his ways we are so blessed. It was awesome to skype someone actually in Brasil. His windows were open in the back of his apartment and he said it was so hot! And we could understand this. Still blows my mind I am understanding and speaking Portuguese!

This week we have talked a lot about enduring to the end.  It would be so easy to slack off the last week of the MTC here because so much goes on, but we as a District and as a personal goal are going to push ourselves a little harder and keep learning. We studied the last week of Christ and how that was one of his busiest weeks and yet he taught so many people and still was helping others. We also talked about the importance of enduring to the end. God is consistent. That is why we need to endure to the end because we are trying to be like God, so we must try to be consistent. When we are enduring to the end we are doing God's will and consistently trying to do better and keep our standards. Just a little though. Also, if things are hard at any time or if you want any lift for the day read Mosiah 24:15. God will ease our burdens and he wants to, we just need to ask for his help. It's interesting how that is. We have our agency and because of that God won't force us to feel his love, but when we want it he is more than willing to show his love and give us the help we need.

Sunday was a spiritually uplifting day.  Sister Bredthauer and I were called as Zone Sister Training Leaders. We will only have this calling for a week, but we are just to help all the sisters and to uplift others. Apart of this calling we are the ones to do things for the front office when it has to do with our zone. With that, we received a cell phone! This cell phone is a special one.. it is a BRICK! haha. The only things we can do on it is call the front desk, receive calls, and take pictures... which we can't even see. it's really funny to have it because it randomly will vibrate on us and so I think I'm going to pull out my Iphone and have a text from someone and it's just the front desk asking for someone in our zone, haha. Sunday we had the privileged to hear from Sister Jean Stevens, the first counselor in the Primary. She was amazing! I love Relief Society here because we have the best speakers. Sadly they are changing it and making it so Relief Society is in small groups and the Zone Sister Training Leaders have to teach it, so I will be teaching next week. Sister Stevens talked about how precious and special the gift of the Gospel is. We are so lucky to know the true and FULL gospel. Her talk made me think of how I can be a little better each day. How can I be a little better and being on the Lords errand. I want to challenge everyone to try to think that each day. Ask God to help you realize who's life you need to bless each day. I promise he will help you know who you could help and what you can do better.  Our temple walk was amazing because it was BEAUTIFUL outside.  It is always nice to get out!
Sister Bredthauer and I 

Monday was such a blessing. Sister Bredthauer and I taught Paulo (the less active member). We taught him last week about the Word of Wisdom because he was having some problems. He told us how he didn't keep his promise and we weren't sure what we should teach about because our lesson would not help him at all. We bore testimony of God's love for him and that God wants him to feel worthy and be worthy to receive his blessings of the Atonement. The spirit was so strong in that lesson and it actually felt like we were really teaching someone like we would in the field. After our lesson we went outside and we were blown away on how beautiful it was.  It was perfect weather, so we studied outside and guess who I saw... Kai! (I think that's how you spell it!) It was so nice to see him and welcome him somewhat to our family! I am so excited for Jadrie! It was awesome to talk to someone from outside of the MTC that I knew!

Today has been the best day so far of this week.. why? This morning I finished the Book of Mormon! The first week we arrived here one of the members of our branch presidency challenged me to read the whole Book of Mormon while being here in the MTC. I extended this challenge to my district. We started February 13th. I read it during any breaks I had and during some personal study time. Today I can testify of the truth that is in the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon really is Another Testament of Jesus Christ. All of it is Testifying of his love and his ministry. I want to challenge everyone to read Moroni 10:3-5 and take the challenge in there. Read the book of mormon again, study it, and then ponder about it and ask if it is not true. I promise that you will feel by the spirit that it is true. The book was written to us in these days and it was translated by Joseph Smith by the power of God. It is such an amazing book!

I absolutely love being a missionary! It is an honor! Everyday I get to represent the Lord and help others come unto Christ.  What an amazing experience I get to have! 
I love you all and I'm so grateful for the example you have been in my life.  To my family: You are the BEST! I was reading your testimonies in the book mom gave me. All of you have such strong testimonies and because of you I am where I am today. I just couldn't be any more grateful. 
I will update you all tomorrow (maybe Thursday) on where I will be reassigned! 
Have a wonderful week and remember... JESUS LOVES YOU!

Love,
Sister Unbedacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment