Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 23, 2015 - Leaving for Rancho Cucamonga tomorrow.

Wow! I can't believe that I leave the MTC TOMORROW! These last few weeks have flown by and now I'm leaving. This will be short, but I just want to express some of my feelings at this time. First of all, the MTC really is a wonderful place. Yes, I am sick of the food, BUT the spirit is so strong here. I have learned more things here than I have in my entire life about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. One experience that I want to share is when we skyped last Friday for TRC. This time Sister Bredthauer and I got to skype a family. The family lived in São Paulo Brasil. They are all members of the church and the family had the mom, a 16 year old boy, a 14 year old girl and a 5 year old boy. They were so friendly and amazing right from the beginning. We taught them about having more faith in Christ and how we can do that. We were given the spirit and were able to communicate with them. This was such a sweet experience for us. We bore testimony of why we are on a mission and the love we have for our Savior. The mother and 16 year old boy started crying when we finished our testimonies. The mother told us how it was exactly what they needed to hear at that time and went off about something we didn't even think we taught. They all bore their testimonies to us and shared their love for the Gospel. This experience helped me remember why I am here. That experience will forever be with me because of the love I felt for this family I had just met. I am so grateful for the spirit. I may not know the language, but as long as I can invite the spirit and help the investigator know of God's love for them, I know the spirit will teach them what they need to know or hear. 


I have said this almost every week, but I love being a missionary. I am so excited to leave to California tomorrow and serve the people in Racho Cucamonga. I have felt this love for the people there and also in Fortaleza. I don't have my visa yet, and I might not get it, but I want everyone to know that I know I'm supposed to be in California at this time, and I am SO excited! As long as I'm helping people come unto Christ, I don't really care where it is! 
I love you all and I thank you for your prayers! I can feel them! 


Love,
Sister Unbedacht

No comments:

Post a Comment