Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13th, 2015 - Another Great Week in the Mission Field!



Oi Everyone!! 

I hope your week has been a great one! It's been wonderful here in Rancho Cucamonga! This week was full of a lot of appointments and meetings, but it went by so fast! I think I'll only be writing about highlights today,  so I can send out some other emails. 
Package from the Taylor family

As I said before, this week has been wonderful! It started off great with last p-day.  After emailing we had a huge missionary BBQ with our zone at a members house. My zone is pretty awesome, so we all have a great time together! The member was so nice to make us hamburgers and let us play in his backyard. He had an area for hockey, soccer, baseball, ping pong, basketball and just for running around. P-day's are pretty great! On Tuesday we had a Zone meeting that took up a lot of time in the morning. They decided to give me (a fresh greenie) a 30 minute training. I had never been to a zone meeting before, but I think it went well! Sister Lampinen and I trained on having the spirit with us when we teach. It is like the biggest part of teaching! The investigator won't be touched and want to change unless they feel the spirit! I never realized how in tuned with the spirit you have to be on a mission. I love it though! I love the feeling of always trying to do my best and living how we are as missionaries.

Wednesday was a really good day. In the morning we had the 3 week training where I got to see the missionaries that came out to Rancho Cucamonga with me! I got to see the other visa waiters and catch up on what has been happening for the last 3 weeks. We spoke a little Portugues which was nice.  During the day we didn't have anything scheduled so we decided to do some finding. We knocked on every house on one street. Each house would kindly refuse us, but that's okay, we just kept going! We were looking for the one! We knocked on the very last house on the street and out comes this middle aged woman named Gloria. Outside of her house she had a quote that said "faith isn't to believe that God can do something, but that he will". I talked to her about the quote and we started talking about God. She believes that the world is so corrupt and so she hasn't been going to church because all of the religions are just not living what they say to be and because she is losing hope. She said that the world has started to change how she feels and that she isn't really sure if God is really there anymore. She said that a Priest told her that soon she would be having 2 angels come to her door to give her hope. WHAT?? How cool is that! She was being prepared for us. We testified of Gods love for her and of His church on the earth today. She told us to come by next week (this week) to talk to her more about it and that she thinks we may be her angels. My heart was so full as I thought about how we are peoples angels, we really are helping them be saved. It was definitely a tender mercy for us to find her. I can't wait to visit her this week. 

Wednesday night our dinner appointment fell through so we weren't sure where to go. We didn't want to waste our car miles, so we thought "hmm Cheesecake factory is closer than our apartment.. maybe we should go real quick since it shouldn't be busy".  Of course this sounded like a WONDERFUL plan!  When we got there the man seated us and then our waitress came over and guess what,  she was a member!!! She was so excited to have us Sisters there so she could be our waitress. Because we are missionaries we got the cheapest things on the menu but you know cheesecake factory.. it's expensive! At the end of the meal the waitress came up to us and said that she had paid for our check, so we could go. The kindness of the members here! She said to come back soon so she could be our waitress again! I wish I was more kind like her before my mission! I honestly am meeting wonderful people here! 

Thursday was our crazy busy day. We taught all of our investigators this day. We were running around from appointment to appointment. We taught Sonny twice this week. We have been having a hard time with teaching him because he likes to teach us about his beliefs and not listen to anything we say. He is strong Catholic so he believes in the Trinity and that the Catholics have the authority that Christ gave to Peter. We told him that the only way he can come to a knowledge for himself is if he read the Book of Mormon and prayed about it to receive an answer. (Moroni 10:3-5). We are meeting again with him this week so we will see how it goes. We taught Danny this day and he also is a talker. He believes everything we say he just still hasn't had the spirit touch him. We always teach him when his 7 year old son is there with him. I was testifying of how when we read the Book of Mormon and ask if it is true then we will know that it is. I said "You will come to a knowledge that the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is.." and then the little 7 year old screams "TRUE!" hahah he's right! They will know it is true! The 7 year old boy already knows it and wants to be baptized! Missionaries have been meeting with Danny for over 6 months and haven't gotten really anywhere besides telling him all the information. Once again, he has to feel the spirit testify it to him! We asked him if he will be baptized and he said he will once he feels what we were telling him about the spirit! So we will see what happens this week! 

On Saturday we got to go to a baptism of some people Sister Lampinen taught. Pretty cool!  We had to get permission though because it was in the desert and we had to have the investigators drive us. So we asked Rebecca and Sam to. I love sam and Rebecca! They are so kind! They are catholics as well and they pretty much just love us and don't want to join the church. Which is really sad. We are trying really hard on them though! 

Sunday was a wonderful day! It was fast Sunday! Testimony meeting was great. This ward has been so kind to us missionaries! I have made so many friends here! For dinner we ate at the Bishops house. His son just barely got home from a mission, so it was fun talking to him about his experience. Also, he speaks Spanish so we spoke back and forth a little with my Portuguese. The bishop is also a HUGE Utah state fan!  He asked me tons of questions about when I was there and asked if I was going back.. when I said I didn't know he then thought he came to a conclusion of why I didn't get my Visa and was in that ward. He said that I was meant to come here so he could help me realize that I NEEDED to go back to Utah state when I got home! hahaha. All I told him was.. We will see.. haha. 

Things really are great here! So many little miracles and tender mercies everyday. I know that we can count so many in each day, we just need to have our eyes open to them! If we looked for them, we would find them! God blesses all of us so much! I can't believe it took me this long to realize how amazing this Gospel is and how blessed I am to have been raised in it. It's amazing what changes the Gospel brings to us in our life when we are keeping the commandments and doing what Heavenly Father wants us to do. I am so grateful for my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I invite everyone to reflect on their own relationship with them this week and try to see the things we are blessed with everyday! I promise you will have your eyes opened! I love you all and I'm so grateful for you! Thank you for the support, love, and prayers! 
Have a WONDERFUL week!
Tchau Tchau! 
Love,
Sister Unbedacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment