Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27th, 2015 - I Love Serving in Rancho Cucamonga!!



Hello Everyone! I hope your week has been a wonderful week! I know a lot of you finished up the semester at college and it's now summer. Congratulations! I hope finals went well and all is well!
This past week was slow, but it was great in Rancho Cucamonga. We had Zone Conference this week, so that took up a lot of time. We were filled with so many inspired words that I know it will help our efforts here when we apply the things we've learned! 

We did a lot of finding this week, which consists of walking around and talking to everyone we see and also knocking on a lot of doors. I'll try to just give all the highlights of the week. After I emailed last week we had our Zone activity for the P-day. We went to a members house who once again fed all of us and we played sports at his house. This Zone is great! I'm sad that transfers are next week so many of them might be leaving! Sister Lampinen and I don't think either one of us will be transferred, but you never know. Can I just say that the ward I'm in is amazing! The members here are so cool! They are all so supportive of the missionaries and are all doing their own missionary work in the ward to help us out. We have meals with the members pretty much every night and some come with us to our lessons. I really love the ward I'm in!

Wednesday was one of the best days of last week. Wednesday was exchanges, so I was with Sister Johnson, the Sister Training Leader. We were in my ward still and we had a great day planned out. We met with our investigators in the morning  and had a good lesson with him about the Plan of Salvation. He still has many questions because he is trying to think too much about it instead of feeling the spirit, but having Sister Johnson there was really good because he wasn't talking as much.  After that we taught a less active and that was a very wonderful lesson because the spirit was there. As I've said before, the lessons aren't any good unless the spirit is there. We then went to go recontact some former investigators. This was exciting! We actually talked to a lot of them and were able to share some things, but none of them were really interested on meeting with us again. Then we had a call from someone in Sister Johnsons ward who really needed help. She works with the Young Single Adult ward and there was a girl in that ward (a less active) who has a lot of problems going on at the moment. Lots of things happened this week, so she was really wanting to meet with us. We met with her and ended up at the Mission Presidents office so he could give her a blessing. As I listened to President Hobbs give her a blessing I just knew that blessing came from God. President Hobbs didn't know what was happening in this girls life, but the blessing was so direct and I just knew those words weren't from him. After that we went to try out one more former investigator and he was actually really interested, so we are meeting with him again this coming week! 
Loving the rain!!

Saturday was a great day.. It RAINED! It was so fun playing in the rain!  We thought people would feel sorry for us and want to talk to us if we were wet when we came to their door.. we were very wrong, it was door after door not wanting to listen to us! We just kept going though with smiles on our faces because Rancho Cucamonga was FINALLY receiving rain! We found a lady though that wants to do family history with us sometime so that was good.
Sunday is always the best day of the week! There is nothing better than going to church and partaking of the Sacrament. It is so refreshing and nice to learn more about our Savior and to be with others who believe the same thing. This week was exciting though because we had 3 investigators at church with us!  The whole time I've been here we haven't had 1 investigator attend church with us, but this past Sunday we had 3, it was great! Sunday my companion and I  performed in Sacrament meeting which was a good experience to have. I'm trying to become comfortable with being infront of people and I think it's starting to work because I wasn't that nervous. Sister Lampinen played the piano beautifully as one of the young woman sang with me. I thought it would be a good experience to sing with one of the young woman and I'm so glad I did! She reminds me a lot of Megan. She is also 14, and she is just darling! When I got up to sing I looked into the congregation and saw Tarah (She was in the MTC with Mckay and she also was called to Brasil). I was so excited to see her and actually meet her, it was a wonderful surprise! Only one of our investigators stayed for the whole 3 hours, but it seemed like the others really enjoyed it! We will be meeting with them this week.
Sister Lampinen played the piano and the YW on the right and I sang in sacrament.  She's only 14, but looks a lot older than she is.

So there you have it!  That was my week!  I'm trying to be good at updating everyone because I know that you all are just dying to hear how things are here in Rancho Cucamonga! To be honest things here are just so good!  I have been so blessed to just have wonderful people around me and I'm enjoying every moment here! There are moments that are tough, but everyday is just so good no matter what happens as long as I'm trying my hardest to be aligned with what the Lord wants me to be doing in helping the work progress! No updates on my visa status but that's alright, I'm loving it here in California even though my Portugues is not! It was cold this week here, but It's warmer here than it is in Utah! HA! I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

If you have some time go to this link and watch this video, "Unto all the world:  Missionary work in Brazil"  https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-06-021-unto-all-the-world-missionary-work-in-brazil?lang=eng ... I'm excited to serve here in California, but still look forward to when my Visa comes, so I can go and serve the people in Brazil
Love,
Sister Unbedacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment