Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

May 11, 2015 - Outro Semana em Paraiso (Another Week in Paradise)!!

Hello! 

I feel like it was just yesterday that I talked to you all;) I LOVED being able to see all of your faces while skyping! I can't even believe how much Addie has grown since I've left. Hearing her cute voice made me so happy! She must have really good parents and influences:) It was such a blessing to be able to Skype!  I'm so proud of all you men in the family for cooking what I heard to be a DELICIOUS dinner. Everyone seems to be happy and doing well, which makes me so happy to hear! It was just so nice to see and talk to the people who have influenced me the most in my life! 
Sister Lampinen and I taking one of our weekly apartment shots

I shared a lot of the week with the family yesterday, but I guess there was a couple of things that I could still talk about. This past week was a blessing because we found 3 NEW people that we'll be teaching this week. One of them being a less active that hasn't attended church or even done anything to do with the church for the past 20 years of his life. The other two are people who aren't members. One being Gloria, a woman that we met a while ago (the one who said we are her angels), but then she went out of town and now she wants us to come teach her. The other being a 19 year old man who we met while we were walking. He asked us who we were and we told him and he asked "Do you have a pamphlet?" and I said, "Well we have a book you can read, if I give it to you, will you read it?". He looked at us for a minute and then said, "You have my word". We gave him the book and we are now meeting with him next Saturday.
 
Sister Thornley and I representing USU
This past week consisted of some funny stories that I forgot of when I was skyping, but I might as well share them. I do an hour of language study every day. I begin with a prayer and normally during the prayer I'm kneeling on the ground while my arms are resting on my chair. After I said my prayer I got up and Sister Lampinen told me how I had just said a 20 minute prayer. I looked at the time and realized that I had fallen asleep for probably about 15 minutes on the chair!! haha. I was pretty tired that day! Second story:  We were at less active members house this week and the mom was trying to get her daughter to take a bath for the night but the daughter didn't want to (She is like 11). That night they had one of their friends over who is a older lady in another ward in Rancho and she was talking to the little girl. Their family had just gone through some really hard things, so the older lady was comforting the little girl saying how she just needs to continue to be strong and how much she loves her. In the middle of her giving this encouraging talk she yells, "Jesus took Baths!!!". Oh I just wish you all could have been there! Sister Lampinen and I just died laughing! I know, it doesn't sound very funny over email but it was one of the highlights of the week!  Last story:  We skyped at the Packer's home and they were cooking breakfast in the other room while I was skyping (explains my smoothie:)). After I got off the phone Sister Packer comes up to me and calls me by my first name laughing on how she found it out! haha. Lots of the members like to guess our first names and are surprised when they actually find out our real name. Oh man, There are many funny things that happen everyday here, but I think they aren't as funny if you weren't there! 
The hibiscus has become one of my favorite flowers here.  Love it!

After skyping I started thinking about some of the questions that were asked and one thing that kept coming to my mind is what my favorite part of being a missionary is. There are many things I love about being a missionary. It has been such a wonderful experience. I have met many amazing people and I have had a lot of fun teaching and finding people. I would have to say though that my favorite is that I get to represent Jesus Christ everyday, all day. It is such an honor to be a full time missionary. As I've studied the attributes of Christ and tried to become more like him, I have seen many blessings and come to love my Savior more. When I think about what I've learned the most here it is that our Savior really is the PERFECT example for us and how he is the ONLY way for us to have eternal happiness. I love my Savior very much and I am so grateful for what he did and continually does for each of us. Never stop gaining Faith in him and learning more about him. 

I love you all and I am so grateful for your examples in my life. I really have been blessed to have the people I have in my life.  Be happy and remember to smile! 

Love,
Sister Unbedacht

No comments:

Post a Comment