Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June 1st, 2015 - My, Oh My, What A Wonderful Week!!


Let me first say, I love Chloe June Unbedacht! She is so beautiful! I am so happy to be an Aunt of two darling little girls! I'm excited to see her grow over the next year (by seeing pictures) and then meet her.  Congratulations Brandon and Jazlyn! 

I'm sorry that I always say it's a wonderful week, but I can't lie, it's always a great week as a missionary!  The work here in the Victoria Ward at the moment is very slow.  Sister Lampinen and I haven't found any new investigators, but we have been teaching Less-Actives and been talking to everyone we see.  We have met some really awesome people this week and even though they aren't interested in the Gospel, they've been nice to us. We have faith that we are preparing this area for great things and that we will find those who are ready to hear the gospel at this time. 
100 degrees!  Hot!!  Preparing me for Fortaleza Brasil!
This week has been extremely HOT! One day it got up to 100 degrees and that was the day that we were walking ALL DAY LONG. We were both so exhausted, but it was nice to get some sun and with it some wonderful tan lines! haha.
Sister Vainuku and I on exchanges together

This week we got to go on exchanges and I went out with Sister Vainuku in her area. Sister Vainuku is from Tonga and is such a wonderful Sister!  It was fun to see how she worked as a missionary and learn from her.  We got to teach a Recent Convert and also go to Bible Class. We also did some service this week. Remember my two favorite people Sam and Rebecca? Well we got to help them this week clean out their garage. This was not an easy thing! Their garage was completely full of stuff! We took everything out and organized it and now it looks really good.  On Thursday we got a call and were asked to speak in church the coming Sunday (yesterday) on any topic. For those who know me know that I need weeks to prepare a talk and even then, I'm not ready and I'm super nervous. We invited Sam and Rebecca and all of the Less-Actives we've been working with and then prepared our talk to what they needed to hear. I was blessed and felt right away that I needed to talk about testimonies and how we gain a testimony. From this I learned that the Lord really does give us strength to do things when we ask for his help. I wasn't nervous at all and was able to speak and say the things that I felt like the Lord wanted them to hear. Normally Rebecca stays for all 3 hours of church, but Sam goes home. I was so happy when Sam decided to stay all 3 hours with us! It was just a really wonderful Sunday! 

Funny story of the week. Sister Lampinen and I decided to do what we call "spirit tracting" because nobody was outside.  We both felt like we should go to this specific door.  We knocked and a young girl dressed in a traditional Muslim dress opened the door. We smiled and said hello and she started speaking to us in a language we definitely didn't understand. She left the door open and just walked upstairs. We heard her talking to other people for like 3 minutes but we just patiently waited there. Then more people that looked the same way came to the door and shook our hands while speaking in this other language. They pointed to the seats on the porch and so we sat down. They brought out drinks and tons of food to us, and we just sat there having no idea what to do because they couldn't understand us.  We sat there for like 5 minutes with them talking to each other in this other language, and we knew they were talking about us because they kept pointing. Finally this man walked out and started speaking English to us. He went on telling us they were from the Middle East and that they are Muslims. He wanted to share with us some of their beliefs, so we could respect them and not think they were bad people. We ended up talking to him about religion for like 40 minutes. It was a very good conversation and we were able to testify of things we knew to be true. The whole time we were talking, the other people who were with us kept bringing out food. Then when we left they gave us a huge container full of food. haha. We weren't really sure what to do, but after we just laughed about it! I am so grateful that we have the knowledge that everyone is a child of God and that we are taught to love people no matter their differences. These people were so kind! 
This is Alison.  She's in the Victoria Ward and loves it when we come to her home .

As my time is ending here in California I'm trying to work the hardest I possibly can. I have already seen how my stay here in California has blessed my life. I have met amazing people here and I'm  so grateful for each of them. Rancho Cucamonga will always hold a special place in my heart.

This week we have really focused on the Restoration and the blessings that we each personally have received because of it. I am so grateful for the Restoration. Because of it we have the Proper Priesthood Authority of God on the earth today. I know that authority brings miracles and is so powerful. I am grateful for the people in my life who have worthily held the Priesthood authority and use it. There are so many other blessings that have come because of the Restoration. This week, try to think for yourself of what blessings you have received because of it. 

I love you all so much! 
Have an amazing week!
Love,
Sister Unbedacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment