Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Monday, July 6, 2015

July 7th, 2015 - IGUATU!!!

Oi Familia!  

I'm alive!  I dont have much time.. sorry!  I will try to hurry and type. I'm serving in an area called Iguatu. It's around 7 hours away from Fortaleza!  My companion is Sister Angulo, who is AMAZING!  She's from Mexico and has been on her mission for about a year. We get along very well! 
This is  where I live

The church in Iguatu is just starting. We are a group. Not a branch, a GROUP! The missionaries do everything here. There's 8 of us here in this area and it's really fun! Brasil is HOT!!!!  I sweat so much every day.  My feet are destroyed because the streets here are not very good and I have 23 mesquito bites. I dont understand like anything because people speak only slang, but I LOVE IT HERE!!!!!!!  The people here are amazing!  It's incredible! Everyone here calls me blondie or white girl or that I need to wear sun screen. hahaha. 
Thank you for the birthday gifts!  

This past week though has been amazing. On Sunday we had a baptism! It was cool because I got to invite her to be baptized my first day here and she accepted!  Her name is Jamilli and she is 11 years old.  We don't have a building here with a baptismal font, so she was baptized in the RIO river.  The work here in Iguatu is booming! We teach around 20 lessons a day and we are on the go all the time!. It is crazy! 


Thank you all for your birthday letters.  I LOVED THEM ALL!   My companion is taking care of me today and making me burritos!  Woo!  Sorry that I dont have time to write each one of you back, but I love you all!  Have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Unbedacht 

ps. Go look up Iguatu online!

My companion, Sister Angulo and 11 year old Jamilli at Rio river.


No comments:

Post a Comment