Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10th, 2015 - It's Been A Great Week!

OI FAMILIA!!! Tudo Bem? Eu espero que sim! 


This week in Iguatu was wonderful!  It was also full of many things!  First of all I just want to say I cant believe that I've been away from home for 6 months!  Honestly, I never thought this day would come, but it came so quickly!  I have a year left to work very very hard!  I love it here in Brasil!  I've loved all of the experiences I've had on my mission!  I'm so grateful to be here! 
I saw Batman at a local park this week!

This week was full of illnesses for the Sister missionaries here in Iguatu. One of the Sisters had Dengue (A viral disease transmitted by mosquitoes).  Sister Angulo was sick for a day and I was sick on Sunday. The wonderful thing though is that now we are alright and we can continue on with the work here. The members here helped out a lot this week so we could continue to work.  I'm so lucky that I was only sick for a little bit of time. I hated staying in the house for the day and missing the baptisms, but I am grateful I was able to go to Church. 

I want to talk mostly about Sunday at church. Yesterday was a great day here in Iguatu!  In the area of Sister Angulo and I we had 3 people receive the Melchizedek priesthood, one being Ricardo!  It was such an amazing experience!  President Souto, the counselor of President Fusco was at church with us and it was so nice to hear a talk from him.  After church he announced to us missionaries that starting next week we will start having church for 3 hours in a row (right now we have 2 hours in the morning and 1 hour at night).  He also said  that there will finally be callings for all of the different classes. Here in Iguatu the only people who have taught are the missionaries and then 2 talks from members each week.  Starting next week it will all be the members!!!  Our goal for church attendance is 200 people.  At the moment we are at 90, but it is growing so fast that we think we can hit this in a couple of weeks. The church truly is growing here!  I am so happy!  Soon we will be a branch and have a house to meet in!  The rewards of being a missionary! The happiness I have felt here is so great! 
Ricardo with Sister Angulo and I

This morning I was studying in Alma 49. Normally in the chapters of war in Alma I just read and feel like I don't really learn very much, but this morning I was just feasting upon the words and I learned so much. In this chapter Moroni is preparing for war and when the Lamanites arrive to fight the Nephites they are shocked that the people have built forts and ditches and so the Lamanites flee. I thought about this for a while. Then I related it to our lives. Moroni prepared the people for when the Lamanites would come to attack them. I then thought of the question, how can I prepare myself for the war of the world that will attack me and my family? It is so important to do the simple things!  Read the scriptures, pray, go to church, attend the temple, have family home evening (every monday), serve others, etc. These things are so important! We need to prepare NOW for the things that will come. Satan is trying very hard and is building an army to attack us spiritually, we need to be prepared, have faith in the Lord and build our forts. 

I love you all!  Keep doing the things you know you should be doing!  Remember to always follow our Savior and make the best decisions you can.

Love,
Sister Unbedacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment