Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3rd, 2015 - So Many Wonderful Experiences!

Oi! 
Once again I cant believe that I am already emailing. I think I say this every week but the week goes by so fast! 


This week was another great week!  This week Jardel was baptized! Jardel is very young and has  friends who are members of the church.  He started coming to church with his friends 3 weeks ago and he has come to love it.  It was so awesome to see him be baptized this past Saturday. He has such a big heart and will do many wonderful things here in Iguatu! 
Jardel's Baptism

This week I saw a huge miracle! Remember Jamili? The young girl that was baptized the first week I was here. Her mom is a member as well, but her father is not. Her father smokes A LOT each day.  We've been trying to help him stop for a long time, but it has never worked. His smoking has caused many family problems that are very hard and one day they (the couple) just snapped. We promised them that if they went to church the next day they would feel better and happier. The next day they were at church. After church we visited them at their home and they both were much happier.  The husband said that he felt a change and a peace he hasn't felt in a long time. I then asked him where his cigarettes were. He showed me the package and I asked if I could see them, so he handed them to me and then I walked out of the house with them.  Sister Angulo just started laughing and followed behind me. He started telling us to wait and to not leave with his package, but I just continued. He thought I was joking, but I wasnt!  His wife was just laughing at the door and then he yelled that he will just buy another pack that night. Good news, he hasnt smoked since that night. For 6 days he hasnt smoked! That is the most that he has ever gone without smoking. The family is so happy at the moment! It was a really funny moment this week, but yet a complete miracle! We continue to pray for him everyday, so he can quit and be baptized! 


This week Sister Angulo and I had the chance to sing at the hospital. We sang from the hymn book to some of the patients there. I feel so blessed to have been raised in the United States. The hospitals here are very sad, but Im glad that we could bring a spirit into the hospital. 
Sister Angulo and I

This week we received amazing news! Elder Anderson will be visiting a small city close to Iguatu on 26 of August!  Only the small city that he will be visiting and Iguatu are invited! It will be a two day thing. The first day is for all of the members and missionaries in both cities. The second day will be for the 26 missionaries here! Amazing! I am so excited! This never happens here. Normally an Apostle will visit a big city like Fortaleza, but never a small city like this! It will be a wonderful experience! The people here in Iguatu need this at this time! 

I love you all! Have a wonderful week! 
Love,
Sister U

No comments:

Post a Comment