Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September 14th, 2015 - Hottest Month Of The Year!



Guess what!  This week I hit 7 months on the mission!  Time is flying by, I cant believe it!  This week was another good week, but it was a little different.  On Tuesday Sister R. Santos and I were working very very hard.  We were in the sun all day and so we were drinking a lot of water.  We drank some water of a random person and I could tell that the water wasn't the very best, but I drank it anyways because I was so thirsty. The following day Sister R. Santos and I spent the WHOLE day in our house throwing up, sleeping, and just laying in bed because we couldnt move. What are the odds that we both felt so sick that we couldnt get up to even make tapioca.  It was very hard to stay in our house all day, but we had a lot of companion bonding time. haha. I am so grateful for a family here in Iguatu that were so kind to make and bring us tapioca to eat because we couldnt make it ourselves. 

The following day I know that we were blessed because we felt so much better and we continued to work. This week we had many lessons and we found many new investigators. We found 2 families that have truly been prepared to hear from the missionaries. 

Portuguese update: This week I felt like my Portuguese has improved a lot.. untill Sunday.  On Sunday I was so tired that my mind was not thinking in English or in Portuguese.  I was talking with another missionary about a members cat and I meant to say that the cat is a cute little cat and I said that the cat is a waterbottle. Whoops!  It's nice to have a companion from Brasil that can correct me with my accent. I know that with time my Portuguese will continue to improve.

This week we had many recent converts tell us that they will stop attending church and go to another church. This is one of the worst things to hear. It breaks my heart that they don't understand the Restoration.  Sister R. Santos and I are focusing on how we can help people have their own testimonies and not rely on the testimonies of others.  I have been thinking a lot about my own testimony and if I'm truly converted.  I remember a talk by Elder Holland in General Conference when he talked about if we dont have our own testimonies right now that we can lean on him for this time, but that we need to be truly converted. It is a good thing to spend some time and think about our own personal conversion and where we are. 

On Sunday I played the piano at church. I was very nervous but luckily they had the simplified hymn book so I played some hymns from that. I will continue to practice, but honestly I am grateful for this opportunity that I can develop this talent here on the mission. 
It is the hottest month right now in Iguatu. The sun doesnt burn your skin but your bones! It is so Hot, but I still love it here! 
I hope that you are all doing well! I love you all and am praying for you all!
With Lots of Love,
Sister Unbedacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment