Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

September 21st, 2015 - This Week Was Full Of American Food and Lots Of Laughing!!

Sorry, I don't have much time today, so this weeks letter will be shorter than normal.  I'll start off by saying that I love you all very much!  This week had its trials, but overall it was a good week. Sister R. Santos and I are working hard and we know that we will be seeing the fruits of our labors soon.  I love the people here and all I want to do is help them come to know their Savior more.  

This week I finished The Book of Mormon for another time.  I love the Book of Mormon!  I know this book is true.  I know that people will speak really bad things about this book, but I will defend it all my life. The words in it are the words of God and we can truly be closer to Christ through this book.  I also started to read Jesus the Christ.  I have come to know more about my Savior and the things he did and does for me. I am so grateful for my knowledge of the Gospel and that I grew up knowing these things. I am grateful for the righteous examples in my life and especially for my family who has always helped me increase my faith. 

This week was full of American Food and lots of laughing!  We ate at Subway, made French Toast, and ate Brownies!  It was so wonderful!  I wasn't very patriotic before my mission, but living outside of the United States has made me love and appreciate my country.  I love America!  I love Brasil as well, but I realized that America is a wonderful place to live.  

On Wednesday we traveled to Quixelo.  Quixelo is about 30 minutes away from Iguatu.  We had lunch at a members home there. It was so great!  We took tons of photos and ate wonderful food!

 Funny story of the week.. I ate meat of a lamb. We were eating at a members home and I was eating the meat when another Sister asked what kind of meat it was and she said of a lamb. We all looked at each other and tried not to laugh because none of us had tried it before!  It was actually pretty good! 

We are praying for our baptisms to happen this week and that we can find the elect that are waiting for us here in Iguatu! 

Love you all!
Love,
Sister Unbedacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment