Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28th, 2015 - Rats, Stubborn Door and Other Stories!

Family!  Oi!  Tudo Bem (Remember this dad?) haha


This week was very interesting!  I dont think I've laughed so hard on my mission like I laughed this week.  Something strange happened to us every day.  First of all, I'm so happy to say that God will always win!  Remember how a lot of people in this area have been struggling with their testimonies?  It is still happening, but I'm so happy that we were able to help one of the recent converts in our area return to church. I was so happy when she said that she knows once again that this church is true. It was a very good day! 
Celebrating Elder Page's birthday (All the missionaries that serve in Iguatu)

I dont have much time, but I will tell a few stories. One night when we arrived home the other Sisters that live here told us not to go into our room because we had a rat!  NO!  Not again!  We spent an hour and a half in our room trying to kill the rat!  We all entered the room with brooms and buckets and we were on top of the chairs and bed.  This night consisted of a lot of screaming and laughing!  4 girls vs. 1 rat!  The rat was in all of my stuff.  He was in all my clothes and on my bed and even on my water bottle!  This rat was very smart!  Luckily, we won.  I have a video that is the funniest video I've ever seen, but we cant send videos. So, in a year I will show you all the video!  I washed all my things and we scrubbed the house until it was shinny!  Sadly, we have another rat still living in our home.  We will find and kill him today!  I think I'm finally growing up.  I'm learning how to kill spiders and rats! haha

Second story... One night we arrived home and our door was locked and wouldn't open.  We were locked out!  We tried to open it for 2 hours.  Finally at 11:30pm a member found a man who could open it.  I'm so tired because we have been going to bed later than we nomally do. 

Third story.... Yesterday I felt famous!  We went to a womans house to talk with her daughter and she asked where I was from.  I said the United States.  She then started to tell me how all she wants is to go to the United States.  She then said that she wanted me to go back to her house and talk with her.  She started to stay how now she can brag to all her friends that she had an American in her house.  She asked us if we would walk down the street with her to her moms house, so she can show her whole family that she knows an american. When we arrived the mom was on the phone, but said to the person on the other side that she will call her back because she had an American in her house!  hahaha.  I was just in awe.

Last thing.  I FINALLY saw a monkey!!  I was so happy when I saw him!  
Things are still going well!  I'm so excited for General Conference this week!  I'm so excited to listen to the words of the Prophet and the apostles.  We didnt get to listen to womens conference yet, but we will this following week!  Enjoy conference!  I love you all! 

Love,
Sister Unbedacht. 

No comments:

Post a Comment