Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

September 7th 2015 - New Companion

Oi familia! 
This week was a little crazy, but very good!  I have a new companion!  Her name is Sister R. Santos and she's from São Paulo, Brasil and is 20 years old.  Sister Santos has been on her mission for 13 months.  She served in Iguatu about 5 months ago for only a month and then was transferred.  She arrived on Wednesday and we went right to work!  She's a hard worker, which I'm very grateful for.  We're very similar in many ways and have a lot of fun together.  Also, my portuguese has already improved so much since I've been serving with her.  When I started serving in Igautu there weren't any Brasilian missionaries serving here, now there are 5 brasilians, 2 Americans and one sister from Mexico.

This week was a bit hard with the work.  Many people weren't home and many things went wrong. This week was the first time that I had someone yell at me on my mission. I won't go into too much detail, but a mom of one of our investigator's wasn't happy with us and she said some very mean things (I didnt understand but Sister R. Santos understood).  I then thought about Christ.  While He was healing and teaching and helping others.  People accused him, spat at him, and said many mean things to him, but he continued.  Not only did he continue, but he LOVED the people that were hurting him.  He atoned for the sins of the people that were doing wrong towards him at that moment.  Christ is the best example of love.  I've been trying to be more loving towards those who do wrong towards me, so that I can follow the example of the Savior. 

This week at church we didn't have many people.  I learned a lesson this week.  Remember the movie Tangled when the mother of Rapunzel is singing to her.  She says, "mother knows best." Well.. she's right.  Mother always knows best!  Sister Angulo was transfered from Iguatu last week. Sister Angulo is very good at piano and always played in church.  At church this past week we didn't have a pianist because nobody plays besides her. While we were singing in church nobody was singing in key and it sounded really bad. The point of all of this is that I wish I would've listened to mom and continued to learn piano, so I could use this talent on my mission.  Megan, learn to play ALL the hymns!  

I'll have to have humility and play in church this coming Sunday.  Hopefully this will help bring the spirit into our meetings and keep everyone on key.  I learned that we need to gain as many talents as we can all our life so we can help others.
I'm so grateful for this opportunity to learn from my companion and to continue to serve the Lord.  I'm so grateful for the people here in Iguatu and the things I am learning everyday.
Have a wonderful week. 
I love you all!
Com Amor,
Sister Unbedacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment