Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Monday, October 26, 2015

October 26th, 2015 - This Week My Testimony Has Been Strengthened

The sun is shinning and I'm just so happy to be here once again writing you all! I'm so happy and I'm doing well! Shout out to Megan for being a Champ! I love you and I'm so proud of you for making so far! Wahoo! Keep working on it!
Celebrating winter in Brazil!  (building a snowman in our freezer)

This week was a week that I will never forget. This week honestly changed my whole mission.. and my life. This week I studied a lot about the Savior.  I studied Jesus The Christ, The bible, and The Book of Mormon. Of course I love the Savior and I'm grateful for the things he did and continues to do for me, but this week I gained a knowledge and a testimony of the role of Christ in my life. I love Christ with all my heart. He really is the Savior of the world. He really did walk here on the earth and help the needy and raise the dead. He did many miracles. I gained a deep gratitude for him. I'm here on my mission for him. This is a way that I can show just a little part of my gratitude for him by sharing the love that he has for his children with everyone. I'm so grateful for this time to be here as his servant.
Banana Plantation

Right now we are teaching many people. We are teaching many people but not many families. We are focusing our time right now on finding families to teach, so they can receive the blessings of the temple together. We find our investigators just by talking with everyone! I use the excuse that I don't know the streets here and that I need help, then they realize that I have a strange accent and then we talk to them. We literally talk with EVERYONE. Everyone here is always outside and so we just talk to them on the street.

This week we didn't have a baptism of our investigator but the group did have a baptism! This baptism was in the river, but to get to the river we had to hike through a banana plantation. It was crazy! I felt like George of the Jungle. It was so cool though to have a baptism there.
Sister Santos, Sister De Sousa and I

The new news of the week. I received a new companion. Sister R. Santos and I'm now in a trio with a New sister named Sister De Sousa. She is from Fortaleza and will be serving a short time mission to see if she wants to serve a full time mission. She was set apart and sent here to learn with Sister R. Santos and I. She is a hoot! She is hilarious! I have enjoyed getting to know her and her help has been so nice to have! The missionaries here are still doing almost everything. There are callings now in the group, but we are working harder than ever to find a place to have to our own for church and to keep the group growing for when we will have a branch. We are walking more than ever! We don't bike anywhere, just walk.
That is all for this week! Love you all!
Tchau!
Love,

Sister Unbedacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment