Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

November 10th, 2015 - The Lord and His Miracles!!

This week was one of the best weeks of my 9 months of being a missionary. I loved this past week and all the miracles I saw! We worked so hard everyday and we saw the miracles that came because of it. I learned this week that everything is in the Lords timing, but we just have to be patient. You're probably wondering what miracles Sister Unbedacht is talking about. I will explain. The first miracle, Group Iguatu is now officially BRANCH IGUATU!!!!!! President Fusco visited Iguatu yesterday (We didnt know anything about this) and he spoke and announced that Iguatu is finally a Branch! I was sitting at the piano in front when he said this and I couldn't hold back my tears. It was a moment of pure happiness. I'm so happy for the people here in Iguatu. For months they have been wanting to grow and become a Branch, and it's finally happened. The work is moving so quickly here, and it's an honor to be apart of it. 
With President and Sister Fusco

The next miracle. Sister R. Santos and I have had such a hard time with people attending church. People say that they'll go, but they never end up going. This week we had many people at church, and many were our investigators.

The next 3 miracles. This past Sunday was the Baptisms of Patricia, Janderson, and Lucas. We have been teaching Patricia and Janderson for 4 months and they are the most lovely couple. It was such a special moment to see them be baptized yesterday. Lucas is 19 years old and he was prepared when we met him. He had already attended church when we met him and is a friend of a member, they live in our area but they live very very far away! If we walked there it would take us an hour. Last Sunday he said that he wanted to meet with us, so we met halfway between our houses to teach him. He was so excited to be baptized, so yesterday was an amazing day for him. I know that Heavenly Father was so happy with the things that happened yesterday in Iguatu. I know that none of this could have happened without him. He is the master of this work. This work is His not ours.

As I will hit my halfway mark this week, I have thought about my call as a missioanry and all the things I've learned since the beginning of my service. I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the opportunity I have to serve. More than a year ago I decided to serve a mission and this past year has been the hardest, yet the best year of my life. I have felt moments of despair and sadness, but I have also felt the happiest that I have ever felt. My life has changed completely through my mission, I have new eyes to see the world and new hopes and dreams. I feel as if I am becoming who the Lord wants me to be. Missionary work is hard, but so worth it because you get to see the hand of the Lord many times every day! 

I love my Savior. I am so grateful for Him and His love. I can't imagine my life without the knowledge and testimony that I have. I know with all my heart that this is Christs Church. He leads the church. I know that Thomas S. Monson is an instrument in the hands of God to direct the Church at this time. I know with all my heart that at the age of 14 years old Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. This is the greatest news in the world, that the priesthood is on the earth today and that the church was restored! 

Thank you all for your support and love! I love you all!

Love,
Sister Unbedacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment