Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16th 2015 - 9 Months down, 9 To Go!

Hello family and friends! 

I hope all is well and that you are happy! Honestly, the weeks have started to blend together, but I will try my best to explain all that has happened this past week.

First of all, I hit my 9 month mark! Sister R. Santos asked me what I wanted to do this day and all I said was that I wanted to work! I love working! Whenever I'm sad or whenever I want to feel better all I have to do is work and everything changes.  I've learned that when we forget ourselves and focus on others, we are happier! 
9 Months Down, 9 To Go!

This week was the baptism of Jardel! Jardel is the cousin of Lucas, who was baptized last Sunday. The baptism was in Juazeiro (about three hours away from Iguatu) because we had conference there. There were also 2 other people who were baptized from Iguatu the same day.

We had 99 people from Iguatu travel for this conference. It was so great to hear the words or President Fusco, Sister Fusco, and other leaders.  I loved conference!  I thought it was very interesting of the things they spoke about. They spoke a lot about tithing, keeping the sabbath day holy, and keeping all the commandments.
Jardel's Baptism

Working in a group/Branch I have learned the importance of tithing.  For an area to grow we need faithful members paying tithing.  I never realized the importance of tithing until I arrived here in Brasil. It's a commandment that is very hard for the people here because they don't have a lot of money in the first place, but I've been able to see the great blessings that come through paying tithing. I love that Heavenly Father doesn't need the money, but we pay to show our obedience and love to him. Isn't it wonderful that we have so many ways to show our love to our Heavenly Father?! Are we showing him that we really love him? 
Pizza from the Elders

Another note for the week, Sister De Sousa was transferred to Juazeiro. I'm with Sister R. Santos still, but we will have official transfers next week, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I want to continue here in Iguatu, but it's up to the Lord. 

I'm so grateful for the Lords commandments. I'm so grateful that we know how we can return to live with him, and that we don't have to stay lost in our lives. I am so grateful for each day I have to learn more about my Savior and come to know him. I love my Savior. I love my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to serve him. 

I love you all!
Love,

Sister Unbedacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment