Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Monday, November 30, 2015

November 23rd, 2015 - Happy Thanksgiving!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!  I love this holiday!  It's one of my favorite holidays because it consists of spending time with the family, talking about things we are grateful for and EATING!  The sad part is that here in Brasil, it isn't a holiday, but I will definitely be celebrating it with my companion!  I'm hoping to make some mashed potatoes, deviled eggs and buy a turkey.  It will be great! 

With Thanksgiving around the corner I would like to focus my thoughts on what I'm grateful for. I am thankful for my family!  I love my family so much.  I'm so blessed to have a family that is so strong in the gospel and that is so great to be around.  I love each one of my siblings and I have the greatest parents!  Thank you for always putting up with me and for being the greatest examples to me.  I love you all!

I'm thankful for my friends!  I think about all the people who have influenced me in my life. From my friends in the ward to my friends at school to my friends in college.   I love them all!
My District

I'm so grateful to be a missionary serving here in Iguatu.  I thought I would be helping lots of people here in Brasil, but I didn't realize that they would be helping me.  I have experienced so many things and I have loved every moment!   I have been blessed with wonderful companions and with an awesome Mission President! 

I'm grateful for Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and this Gospel!  Without this, I wouldn't have the other things.  I'm so grateful for the plan of salvation.  I'm so grateful for the atonement and the blessings that come from it. Heavenly Father is so merciful. He really does love us all and wants us to be happy.   I'm in awe when I think about all the blessings I have received.  I can't think of my life without this gospel. It is WONDERFUL! 

I will give a little update of this week.  We walked A LOT!  We normally walk about 45 minutes to different areas, but this week we walked an hour and a half to one area.  We walked there in the middle of the day, when the sun was the hottest, but we are seeing the blessings of this long walk as we are bringing people to Christ.  The people are saying that I'm finally becoming tan!  haha.
I absolutely love this family

The best part of this week was Sunday.  I think that I always say that Sunday is the best day because it is. I love going to church and being able to partake of the sacrament.  I love being able to watch baptisms and also work.  This past Sunday, Patricia, Janderson, Lucas and Jardel received the Holy Ghost.  It was such a wonderful moment! I'm so happy for them.  Every time we have a confirmation in the church I feel such a love for this work.  It's wonderful to see people changing for the better. 

I love this work!
I love my Savior!
I love you all!

Ashlyn




No comments:

Post a Comment