Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7th, 2015 - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

I can't believe that Natal (Christmas) is around the corner.  I'm loving all the snow...haha Kidding!  I'm still burning in the sun!  We don't have snow here in Iguatu, but there are tons of Christmas lights.  I cant wait until Christmas.  This holiday isn't very big in Iguatu.  The people here don't celebrate Christmas like we do back home, but as missionaries, we will make it a special day.

This week was a great week because the branch is growing!  We will be moving out of the school where we meet for church and buying a house to meet in.  It's wonderful!  We had the first ward council as well here in Iguatu.   I'm so happy to see this place growing.
Pictured with Sister Nicoli 

This morning I was studying a talk given by President Monson. His talk is called, “Come, All Ye Sons of God.”  It's directed to the men, but I thought it was perfect for everyone.  He gave 4 things that we need to do to be successful:  1. Search the scriptures with diligence.  2. Plan your life with purpose.  3. Teach the truth with testimony.  4. Serve the Lord with Love.  He spoke a lot about missionary work, but said this is for everyone.

Something he said though really touched me.  He said a mission is a family affair.  Through the expanse of continents or oceans may separate, hearts are as one. This is so true!  My family gives the best support!  The more I'm here helping these families, the more I have come to love my own!

Thank you for all the support! You are all amazing!

Love you all!
Love,
Sister Unbedacht



1 comment: