Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January 18th, 2016 - It's Raining, It's Pouring!

I'm sitting inside listening to the rain hit the roof. It's perfect! I'm loving all the rain that we've been getting! We don't get a lot of rain in Iguatu, but it's raining today and it's wonderful.

On Tuesday, I finished the Book of Mormon. I absolutely love the Book of Mormon. I have learned so many things from studying this book. I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is true and the word of God. The Book of Mormon has changed my life, it has given me a hope. Read the Book.. it will help everything :)
Sister Nicoli  and Sister Unbedacht

This past week my companion and I worked so hard, a lot of sweat and tears. I have never worked so hard in my life! We've been preparing 2 people for baptism and we've been so excited because everything was going so well. They were so prepared! Sunday morning we passed by their houses and they weren't there. We then waited at church and they didn't show up. After church we went to their homes. One said that it was because of something he couldn't tell us. The other was because the pastor of her old church spoke with her telling her a lot of lies about the church. They decided that they wanted to wait until next week for the baptism.

Sister Nicoli and I were so sad. It's so sad that people say things about the church that aren't true. After all of this happened we sat on a bench and we both felt so discouraged. Then we both thought, we need to work harder. We got up and started to work. I learned something this week. I learned that sometimes things will happen that is completely out of our control. During our trials we can stay sad and discouraged or we can continue with hope. The gospel has given me so much hope. The Atonement has given me hope in my life. We always have the decision on how we will act to our different trials.

I saw many miracles this past week as we have been obedient with exactness. I'm so grateful for this work. I am so grateful that we can always progress and do better the next day. 

I love my Savior with all my heart and I love being a missionary! 

I love you ALL! 
Com amor,
Sister Unbedacht 


ps. I got some letters for Christmas from the home ward and my Singles ward in Logan.. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment