Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January 11th, 2016 - Working Hard and Preparing Many.


The longer I stay in Iguatu the more I love it! The people here have a huge place in my heart and I have been so touched by many of them. 

This past week was transfers and the 2 other Sisters that were with us were transferred. We thought that 2 other Sisters would take their place, but they decided to shut their area. We are now 6 missionaries here in Iguatu. We have taken the area of the other Sisters to help their investigators and we've helped a lot of them to prepare for baptism.

Sister Nicoli and I have been helping a lot of people prepare. Each day we have a goal to do 4 dates for baptism, and it's helping a lot. We have many people who are preparing, but just waiting for a few things to happen. 

This week there was a lot of RAIN! I'm sleeping with a jacket and sweats! I never thought that I would feel cold, but I am cold! I know that if any of you visited here, the nights would still be very hot, but I have become acclimated to the weather here.

This week I have learned a lot about how to accept the Lords timing. Lots of things happen here that bring me to my knees asking why. I have learned that when this happens I pray and ask the Lord what I need to learn from the experience. I'm learning that this is the LORDS work, not the work of Sister Unbedacht. I have come to put all of my trust in the Lord and work as hard as I can. I am so grateful for these lessons that I learn each day. 

This next week we are planning to have a few baptisms in Iguatu! We still don't have a house but we are close!

I know that things are falling into place as we put our trust in the Lord and SERVE.

I love you all and I hope that you all have a WONDERFUL week!

With much love,

Sister Unbedacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment