Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1st, 2016 - More Miracles in Iguatu!

Hello Family!

I'm so happy to be serving in the Brasil Fortaleza Leste mission! I love it here! My faith is growing each day as I'm working in the vineyard of the Lord.

I'm so grateful to have President Fusco as my mission president. He's an inspired man. At the beginning of the week he had us call him. He told us that he was proud of our work and that we needed to have more baptisms this week. We have people that are preparing for baptism, but all were seeming to be a little scared and not feeling very prepared. We prayed more than ever and focused on having a baptism of one of these children of God. At the beginning of the week, nothing was going right. On Saturday night we experienced a huge miracle! Leticia, a young woman, has been going to church for 7 months, but her mom didn't want to sign for her to be baptized. Leticia was taught by other missionaries, but then they passed her to us to continue to teach and to help her. At times we saw her mom and we would just talk a little with her each time about random things. Saturday night we were in the right place at the right time and we ended up talking with the mom of Leticia. We explained to her the importance of baptism and her mom finally signed to let her be baptized. On Sunday she was baptized! It was such a beautiful thing to watch!

I'm so grateful for the miracles I am experiencing. I love the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 8:10, Remember that without faith you can do nothing; therefore ask in faith. I know that when we ask God in faith, something that is righteous, we will receive. 

My mission is really helping me grow in my life. I don't know if any of you remember, but I always had a lot of fear when it came to giving talks in church. I would always read the talk that I wrote out and I was always so nervous. Yesterday I gave a talk in church and I didn't have to write anything down. I just spoke what I felt the spirit telling me. I spoke about reverence and that it brings revelation. The thing we need to desire most in our life is the spirit. We need to receive revelation to strengthen our testimonies. Never let anything happen to stop you from feeling the spirit. It's the greatest gift of all!

I love you all and I'm so grateful for your prayers and support.

Love,

Sister Unebdacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment