Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

February 21st, 2016 - Trials Make Us Stronger

My dear family,

This week was a hard week. Monday night we had an activity in Iguatu which turned into a going away party for me. I absolutely love the people in Iguatu. I've had a hard time adjusting to my new location because Iguatu literally became my home. I'm so grateful for all the people there. I made friendships that I will never forget. 

I am now in Messejana, Fortaleza. My area is called Castelo. I'm close to where they played soccer in the world cup! This area is so different, but I love the members! My companion is Sister Costa. She has 1 month on the mission and I will finish her training. Sister Costa is from Arcre, or the Amazons. We are in a ward here, which is nice! We have a church building to meet at, something we didn't have in iguatu. I live with two other Brasilians, one from Arcre as well and the other from São Paulo. We live in a apartment complex that is in my area. 

This first week being here has had its ups and downs, but the only thing I can say is that I'm so grateful for our Savior. As I was reading in Mosiah 24 this morning, I learned how the Lord won't just take away our trials, but he will give us the strength that we need to continue during our trials. I'm so grateful for this. I have fallen to my knees many times this past week just asking Heavenly Father to give me strength to continue and each time he is there for me to lift me up and help me continue.

I know that many things are happening right now at home, and I can't imagine how you all are feeling. Just know that I love you all and never forget that our Heavenly Father loves us ALL. Trials are here to make us stronger. In Mosiah 24 it talks about how after they continued with patience and faith in their trials the Lord lead them out of bondage. As we are patient and have trust in the Lord he will do the same thing for us.

I'm so grateful for the Gospel. I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who sent His son to die for me. I'm so grateful for Christ and the pains that he felt for me so that I don't have to carry the load. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Love you All!
Love,
Sister Unbedacht 


ps. To all the people in Iguatu reading this.. I love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment