Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8th, 2016 - One Year!!

Family! 

One year ago today I had my farewell and I was so nervous to speak in sacrament meeting, but I spoke and then 3 days later I said goodbye to all the people I love so dearly to serve the Lord for 18 months.

I can't believe that I've been out on my mission for one year! It has been the best, yet hardest year of my life. I have learned so much and my testimony has been strengthened. I'm a different person than I was a year ago. 

This week was a great week! We worked very very hard to have the baptism of Bruno! Bruno is 20 years old and is an amazing person! Bruno has taught me so much! It was so cool to be able to be a part of his conversion and I know that he will continue to help the church here in Iguatu. I learned once again this week that with faith and work we can experience miracles. I've written a lot about miracles these past three weeks, it's because before my mission I heard of so many miracles that happened for other people and I was always waiting for my own miracles. This past month I have seen miracle after miracle! 

This week I have an invite for everyone who reads this email, FAMILY AND FRIENDS. I have 6 months left of my mission and so this invite will last for 6 months. I want to invite all of you to start the Book of Mormon today and read in 6 months. For some of you this will be very easy, but for others you will have to put in some effort. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know it's the word of God. I also know that we can become closer to our Savior by reading the Book of Mormon. I know that each one of you will see a change in your lives as you read the Book of Mormon. I would also like those who start over to send updates at times the things that they are learning. I will also be doing this, so you aren't alone:) 

I love you all so much! I'm so grateful to be here in Iguatu serving a mission. My mission has brought the greatest joys and has helped me become a better person. Serving the Lord is the best thing that we can do!

Have a wonderful week!
Love,

Sister Unbedacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment