Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Monday, March 21, 2016

March 21st, 2016 - Easter Week

Hello! Hello!

I'm doing so great! This week was a wonderful week with Sister Costa. I'm so grateful that I'm serving here in Messejana and for all the experiences I'm having.

This week I learned a lot about the attributes of Christ. Christ is the BEST example. I'm trying to learn to have more patience, love, charity, hope, and diligence.

I'm loving this area. The members are awesome and they are helping us a lot in the work. This ward has 2 companionships, it's Sister Costa and I, and Sister Fernandes and Sister Pasqualini. We all live together. It's great! I have learned a lot with them. We have all had our trials together, but we have a great love for one another. There are many families in this ward that are so amazing! I hope to stay here for the next transfer! Also, this past week we got Churrasco. Churrasco is a meat and it's so yummy. Best meat around!
Sister Costa and I

In the last General Conference Elder Lawerence gave a wonderful talk on “What lack I yet?” I have given much thought to this talk. He said, “humbly ask the Lord the following question, like what is keeping me from progressing? Then wait quietly for a response.” I have thought a lot about this. As I have prayed to receive an answer, the Lord let me know exactly what I need to improve right now. It was a simple thing... Smile more. I have focused on this and I have seen that it is helping a lot! Ask this question for yourselves, I know the Lord will give you an answer so you can continue to progress.

As I have thought about Elder Lawerence's talk, I have also thought about a scripture that is in The Book of Mormon. In Moroni 10:32 it says, `Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you,that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ.' What are the things that we need to deny ourselves so we can draw closer to Christ? The things we need to work on, denying them.. which means that we need to ACT. Just some thoughts for the week.

I am so grateful for my opportunity to serve the Lord. As it is Easter week, I want to bare my testimony of the Saviors resurrection. I know that he Lives. I know that he loves us and that Christ leads HIS church here on the earth Today. I know that he overcame death and because of Him we will as well. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I feel very honored to represent him here in Brasil. He is my redeemer, my example, my friend. I am so grateful for him!

I hope that you all can remember this week of the Love that Christ has for all of us!

HAPPY EASTER!

Love,

Sister Unbedacht 

No comments:

Post a Comment