Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 28th, 2016 - Transfers!

My dear family and friends!

Today is transfers! I've been transferred once again. My new area is called Alvorada and I'm about 10 minutes away from the mission office (walking). My new companion is Sister Prock, she's from Minas (Brasil) and has been out on her mission for a year. She was also trained by Sister Angulo, my first trainer here in Brasil. She's such an amazing missionary! I wanted to serve with her and the Lord has blessed me because now she is my companion. I'm so excited to see what will happen these next few transfers.
My new companion, Sister Prock

We are the Sister training leaders here in Fortaleza. I'm excited to have this new role and I know that I will learn so much as I serve these Sister Missionaries.
I'm sad that I left my other area, but Sister Costa and I ended our time together very well. I will explain a little of what happened this last week. Sister Costa and I didn’t have anyone that we were really sure would be baptized Sunday, so we prayed and felt strongly about Gabriella and Graziella who are sisters. We have been teaching their family, but their parents need to get married before they can be baptized, so we focused this week on their daughters. It was a miracle to see the changes and what had happened with them. They both received answers about the church this week, but still weren’t sure if they would be baptized. On Friday night we took them to a play that was put on by the church for Easter called Jesus , O Cristo (Jesus the Christ). They felt the spirit strongly when they were watching the play and they decided that they wanted to be baptized together this Sunday!
Baptism last week of Gabriella and Graziella

On Sunday they were baptized! It was a tender mercy from the Lord because we didn’t have much time to work in our area this week due to other things. Easter was perfect! We ate tons of candy (Thanks to the package from you mom!) and enjoyed a few of the easter traditions here. This Easter was different from any other Easter. This Easter we had ward conference, then the baptism, and then we worked for a few hours ending with watching the Women's General Conference! We decided that during the day we would teach about the resurrection of Christ. We sang hymns to all of our investigators and bore testimony of our Savior. I came to realize the true importance of Easter and received many answers during the conference.

I was very happy that I was able to watch the women's general conference. It was all about service! It was perfect for what had happened. As we were walking to the conference I received the call that I would be the Sister training leader. I felt very unworthy of this calling, but I know that God has a purpose for everything. I started to pray in my heart for the Lord to give me counsel. I was very happy when the conference was all about service! I received many answers! I'm so grateful that God responds to our prayers!
The Chicken

Now the funny story of the week.. One day we didn’t have lunch at a house of a member, but the member bought food for us to prepare in our house. We carried the food to our house without knowing what she bought for us. We got to the house to start preparing lunch and I opened up a bag and there was a dead chicken looking at me!!! I screamed and closed the bag. My companion and I laughed for minutes and what was happening and we decided that we needed to cook the chicken. We took it out of the bag and cut off the head and prepared the chicken. The whole time I was just thinking how mom would be so proud of me! Haha.

I'm still loving every minute of my mission! I'm so grateful for all of these experiences I am having. I am turning into the person that I know God wants me to be. I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that they live. I know that they give direction to us personally and to the church through prophets. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet here on the earth today. I'm so excited to hear from him this Saturday and Sunday. Don’t miss out! They will say exactly what we need to hear!

I love you all so much! Thank you for all your support.
Love,
Sister Unbedacht

1. The chicken..
2. baptism this week

3. My new companion. We are living in the house that I stayed in when I arrived here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment