Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Thursday, April 14, 2016

April 11, 2016 - Choices, Obedience and Repentance

Hello Hello!

I never know how to start my emails, so I will just jump right into what happened this last week. Sister Prock and I received another companion, her name is Sister Romualdo and she is from Espirito Santo. We will stay in a trio until the end of the transfer. I'm not really sure why President Fusco decided to put us in a trio, but it is for a reason, so we will just enjoy this time that we have together.

This week we had mission counsel and mission conference. Mission counsel is a meeting that all the leaders in the mission and the mission president have before a conference. We talked about the things that we need to improve on and then President Fusco prayed about the things that he needs to speak about in the conference. The conference was based around three things: Choices, Obedience, and Repentance. Many missionaries are deciding to do things their way and to not be obedient to the rules. This is something that he has focused on for a long time, but the missionaries aren’t moving. President Fusco talked very firmly about how our choices on the mission and after the mission are very important because we will be judged for every choice. It's necessary to be obedient on the mission. If we aren’t obedient then we won't have the spirit. If we don’t have the spirit we will not convert anyone. I think about this for my life after the mission as well. We must obey ALL of the commandments. We cannot pick which commandments we want to follow and let a few of them slide. We listened to many talks from President Monson that talked about keeping the commandments. He has talked a lot about these things.. so it is important that we apply them in our lives!

This week we had two great miracles! Karen and Patrick were baptized! The baptism of Karen was on Wednesday and of Patrick was Saturday. They are both youth that are very strong in the church! They always are at seminary and participating in everything! I'm so grateful for their examples. We are also teaching the family of Patrick. We are focusing on them to be baptized! They are wonderful.

Funny story of the week is what happened before the baptism of Karen. When we arrived at the church before the baptism we saw that the baptismal font was dirty! The drain wasn’t working so we had to do everything by hand. We put buckets in the font and filled them and dumped the water into the toilets in the bathroom. This took about 40 minutes and it was only us 3. Our backs were killing us, but it was worth it! When we were cleaning the font, one of the youth decided it would be funny to dump water on us! We ended up soaking wet because of him! It was a baptism that I will never forget! Haha.

I just want to express my gratitude for the Atonement. I'm so grateful that Christ suffered for us, so he can help us during our trials. We never need to feel alone because of the Savior. I'm so grateful for the blessing of the Atonement and that I can help people receive these blessings. I'm also very grateful for the Temple. This week the people here will travel for 12 hours in the bus to go to the temple in Recife. The people here understand what it means to sacrifice something to go to the house of the Lord. We are so blessed to live in Utah because we have 5 temples that are just 15 minutes away from us! Go to the temple as much as you can! It is such a wonderful place! I'm so grateful for the covenants that we make in the temple. I love the temple!

I am so grateful for you all! I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Unbedacht



No comments:

Post a Comment