Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April 25th, 2016- Another Great Week!!

My dear Family,

Another great week! I'm grateful for all the things I've learned this week and have experienced. This week we had 3 different exchanges with the Sisters, and each one I learned new things. I'm so grateful for all that I'm learning. I feel as if I have grown more this transfer than I have in other transfers. This week we had the baptism of Weverton. He's the cousin of a member. He's young but very smart! He had already gone to church many times, but wasn’t baptized because his father wouldn’t let him. We talked with his dad and he said that now he could. I know that everyone is prepared at different times.
Baptism day of Weverton

I've been studying lately in Helaman. This morning I was reading Helaman 10 and I learned many things! This chapter is small, but really helped me. As Nephi is reflecting on the things that had happened to him the Lord speaks to him. First of all, this shows the importance of pondering the things that we learn. President Fusco always talks about how we need to reflect of all the things we learn after mission conferences and general conference. When we let the spirit work within us we can receive revelation of what we need to work on and improve. As I continued to read I saw that the Lord speaks highly of Nephi and has enough confidence in him to give him all the power to do what he wants to do. I thought a lot about this. The Lord had a lot of confidence in Nephi because Nephi was obedient. He preached the gospel with all his heart and didn’t fear what the people would say. I know that if we are obedient to all the commandments, the Lord will have confidence in us.

A friend of mine wrote me something about a year ago that has stayed with me my whole mission. She said that the Lord loves every one of us, but it is few that he has confidence. She said that the best advice she could give is to be a missionary that the Lord can trust. We can apply this to everyone. The question to ponder today is if you are someone who the Lord trusts. If you don’t feel like he trusts you just know that you can change NOW. I'm so grateful for what I learned today in personal study.
I am now a fan of Ceara!

Another thing that I studied this week that I loved.. Conversion or faith does not come by seeing signs or miracles, but the miracles come AFTER we believe. Joseph Smith said that Miracles are fruits of our faith. This is so true. We decide if we will experience miracles or not. We must believe first and then we will receive the blessings. At times it is hard to believe before we see, but in 1 Nephi we learn that even after seeing, some people have a hard time to believe (Laman and Lemuel). Faith is so important. We must always try to strengthen our faith by acting. If we keep the commandments we are growing in our faith. I know that this is true.

I love you all! I am so grateful for your love and support.  

Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Sister Unbedacht

No comments:

Post a Comment