Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 16th 2016 - I Love Being A Missionary! I Love The People Here In Brasil!

My dearest Family and friends,

I hope all is well there in the United States! Things are great here in Brasil! This week was a week that I will always remember. The spirit I felt this week exceeds any other week on my mission. I loved that this week I was able to work with Sister Bispo and Sister Cisneros. They are wonderful missionaries.

Starting out the week we had a mission conference. I'm so grateful for the things I learned. I'm so grateful for President Fusco and his inspiring words. He is really focusing on helping us understand why we are here on the mission and how we can have more success. We are to have spiritual experiences every day and really focus on the doctrine of Christ. My companions and I made many goals as companions to help us do these things.
Sister Bispo and Sister Cisneros

This week we had many lessons that were really guided by the spirit. I had lessons like this many times before, but something was different this week. I want to tell a little about Sister Bispo and how she is helping me. Sister Bispo always wanted to serve a mission, but she was taking care of her daughter. When her daughter got married she knew that she needed to serve a mission. Sister Bispo has a light to her that I have never seen. She teaches me things every day and the spirit is so strong when she teaches. I'm so grateful that the Lord decided to let us be companions. When we work together, everything just goes well. Something that I love about Sister Bispo is that we can talk for hours and we are always laughing together. She's a wonderful person!

This week we saw the miracles that happened with two ladies. When we met Lucia and Josefa they both were sad in their lives. With time, we could see the difference the gospel was making in their lives. At their baptism, they both were glowing! I couldn’t believe the change that we saw in them both. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to see the power of the atonement in the lives of these two WONDERFUL woman.

This week was a little crazy because we always had something going on, but something great is that we moved houses! We are now living in a condominium, which is awesome! In our house we have a balcony and one night we decided to sleep outside, so I slept in a hammock! It was awesome!

I'm loving this ward! I love the people here and I am so grateful that I can serve the Lord.
I love you all!
Love,

Sister Unbedacht

No comments:

Post a Comment