Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

May 30th, 2016 - Many Miracles This Past Week.

Hello Hello! 

I am so happy to say that this past week we experienced many miracles! God is amazing! I'm so grateful for him and his love for us! Sister Bispo and I had a better week as we found people that actually wanted to hear our message! There are still people rejecting the message, but there are a few who really are interested. It is wonderful!

We are now teaching some families and some other people that are ready. I know that God saw that we were working with all our hearts and so now he is giving us the blessings for our work. I'm so grateful that God does this! Many people want Heavenly Father to give them everything they need without working for it. I'm so grateful that he lets us work, and then he will help us continue and give us rewards. We are planning to have some wonderful baptisms in the following weeks.

Last week was the baptism of Gabrielle. She is darling! Her cousins are members of the church, but her mom wouldn't ever let her be baptized. This week we finally helped her mom understand the importance of baptism and now we are helping her parents get married, so that they can be baptized.

One of the things that we were having a lot of difficulties with, was people at church. We were working very, very hard this past week and we saw a miracle with 9 investigators at church. This is a lot better than before, but we still have a lot of room to improve. My heart is so full of gratitude right now. I've learned so much and I've realized how blessed I really am. 

Last week we had 2 exchanges. One of the exchanges was with the Sister serving in Castelo (my old area). I had the opportunity to return and actually see a few of my recent converts there. I was so happy to see that they are going strong and are changing. It was awesome to see as well that many of the people I found there are going to church and preparing to be baptized. Many times as missionaries we don't get to see the fruits of our work, but when we are working we really are planting seeds everyday. 

Something different that happened this past week is that I ate crab for the first time in my life. Thursday was a holiday and so many members went to the ocean. We were passing by the house of a few members that were at the beach earlier that morning and they were eating crab, so they shared some with us.. it was great!!! I loved it! 

I am very happy and I am so grateful to be here on the mission!
I love you all!

Love, Sister Unbedacht

No comments:

Post a Comment