Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

June 13th, 2016 - Transfers Today!

Querida familia,

What a strange feeling… only 1 transfer left. I'm trying to enjoy every second that I have here in Brasil. Today is transfer day. We still haven’t heard what officially will happen, but I have a feeling that this transfer will be amazing. I'm so grateful for this past week and what happened. Sister Bispo had her 41st birthday and her present was a baptism! Isaac, a young man, was baptized on June 9th. It was such a wonderful baptism. The Lord really is blessing us every day. Also, this week I had my mission birthday of 16 months in the field (we count by months here). I cant even believe how fast time is passing by.. I'm hoping that this next transfer slows down.

On Tuesday we had the privilege of hearing from Elder Christensen from the Seventy. This mission conference was amazing! I loved the things that I learned. They focused a lot on the Book of Mormon and how we need to use it more in our work and how we need to strengthen our testimony of the Book of Mormon. It was what his wife said that really touched me. She talked about being holiness to the Lord. The word holiness means consecrated and committed. We need to be committed to the Lord like he is committed to us. This is something that we need to do throughout our whole lives, not only as missionaries. I made goals on how I would be more committed to the Lord here on my mission and when I get home. It's so important to center our lives on Christ, it is the only way we really will be happy.

This morning I was studying about faith and read a talk by Sister Oscarson from this last General Conference. She asked a question that I ended up reflecting on for awhile during my study, she asked, “if we really believe these things”? I thought about how my whole life I have heard that this church is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and how the church was restored. These are things that I have grown up hearing, but I started to ponder if I really believed these things. As I was pondering I felt a great peace that confirmed to me that all of this is true. I really do know and believe that these things are true! I'm so grateful for the spirit and that he testifies to us of the things that are true.

I love you all.. very very much! Thank you for everything! I am so blessed!
Make this week the best week ever.. and don’t forget to center it on CHRIST.

Com amor,
Sister Unbedacht


No comments:

Post a Comment