Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

June 6th, 2016 - Doubt Not, But Be Believing.

Hello my dear family,

This week was a very spiritual week, and I'm so grateful for everything that happened. To start off my week I got to see the first missionaries from Iguatu! When I was serving in Iguatu, there were two girls (sisters) that would always help us out. Carla and Camila are some of the first members in Iguatu and now they're ready to serve their missions. I was so happy to see them before they left for the MTC. 

This week we focused a lot on the Book of Mormon. We had a goal to have a spiritual experience with the Book of Mormon during every lesson. As we used the Book of Mormon in every lesson, I could tell the spirit was stronger. President Fusco promised that if we studied and focused on the Book of Mormon this week that we would strengthen our testimony, this is what happened... On Friday morning I was studying in Mormon 8, then I stopped reading and started to ponder about the things he wrote. As I was pondering I felt something different, and I started to feel a huge love for the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It's amazing! I know that it was written for us to learn and to grow.

As I was reading this morning I came across a sentence that I absolutely love. In Mormon 9 verse 27 it says, “Doubt not, but be believing.” This is something that I was actually focusing on this week. We have been teaching Mikaely for 2 weeks, and she has been the most amazing investigator. Mikaely is a mother of a 2 year old and she is married, but her husband has been in São Paulo for a month. We met her the day that she moved to a new house in our area. I have never had an investigator that has searched as much as she has for the truth. We saw the adversary doing everything to stop her from being baptized this week. She had a lot of fear that her husband wouldn't support her and that she would be judged. We spoke a lot about having trust in the Lord and to not fear. On Sunday she was baptized. Her baptism was so amazing! As she came out of the water she was crying and she said that she received a confirmation that all of this is true. I'm so grateful for this miracle this week.

This week we also had a service project. This service project was one that entailed a lot of insects, rodents and snakes. We saw rats, spiders, cockroaches, snakes and many ants. I love being able to serve!
I hope that this week is an amazing week! Continue to read the Book of Mormon and have spiritual experiences with it EVERY DAY! 

I LOVE YOU ALL!
Love,
Sister Unbedacht

No comments:

Post a Comment