Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Sister Ashlyn Brooke Unbedacht

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

May 23rd, 2016 - My Testimony Continues To Be Strengthened.

Familia!
Eu não acredito que hoje é p-day! Tempo passa tão rápido!  This week was a challenge, but it has helped me strengthen my testimony. In the ward I'm serving in there are two companionships, the assistants of President Fusco and us. We had to divide the area this week and it ended up that we are now working in an area that the missionaries have done a lot of work. We were trying to find new people to teach and everyone we spoke to said that they had already talked to the missionaries and don’t want to hear anymore. I've never met people in Brasil that are so blunt as they are here in this area. My companion and I were in shock as we couldn’t find anyone that wanted to hear our message.


We've been told that the people in this area are pretty wicked, that they don't need God in their lives. Yesterday we had a very hard day as almost everyone was rejecting us. We then started to think about examples of missionaries in the Book of Mormon, where the same thing was happening to them. As Alma was preaching to the people they said they didn’t want anything. He wasn’t planning to return to the city and as he was leaving he was feeling sorrowful for the wickedness of the people, that is when he was told to return to the city and to have faith in the Lord. He returned and found Amulek. They baptized thousands and helped many people! I know that God gives us trials to make us stronger and I know that this will happen to us.


I don’t have much to say this week. We dropped off Sister Cisneros at the airport. She is now in Mexico. Also, I am learning so much in the scriptures right now, I'm studying 3 Nephi.. it is WONDERFUL!

I love you all so much! 
Love,

Sister Unbedacht

No comments:

Post a Comment